7.01.2013

The seventh month










 i. I think July is one of my favorite months. This year in particular. I mean, August would come pretty close because of my birthday, but July is the month where the fact that it is summer is finally sinking in; where we have celebrations and vacations. But I think what I love most is driving down the highway by our house and rolling down the windows all the way, cranking up Owl City and sticking out my hands. Because for once the wind actually seems to be something tangible; like I can feel it. And of course there are the sunsets. goodness, but I still firmly believe that we have the most beautiful evenings here.

ii.  I love this city of mine in the month of July. My mom and I were driving through downtown today when I noticed all the bunting decorating the streets and the signs proclaiming that it is this time of year again.  It's one of the things I look forward to every year. the Frontier Days. 

iii. Maybe it's the carnival with all the rides and cotton candy. I don't know, but I love Frontier Days. I love the crowd of tourists that stand on the same streets that I've been standing on for most of my life. Only they've got cameras in their hands and they have never seen this city before. Maybe it is the pancake breakfast where hundreds of people get up early and walk a couple blocks and then sit down and talk to each other as if they have always been friends. Maybe it's the Thunder Birds airshow and feeling the rush of adrenaline as they perform. But whatever it is... this month is the best for my little city.

iv. I've been so excited about learning how to play the guitar with my Daddy. Actually, he is the one teaching me. But this has been something that I've really been wanting to do so it is really exciting. :) On top of learning that, I want to get a lot written in my novel and continue with my short stories. Mainly, I just want to enjoy each and every moment. To look to Him for strength in difficulty and to praise Him no matter what.


 What is your favorite thing about July?

    Amy Jane



1 comment:

  1. When is Frontier Days and the airshow??
    Well, in past years my favorite thing about July has been going to Missouri for a month, but not this year. :)
    This July, we have lots and lots of snapdragons covering our ground around the waterfall and they are all popping open in all different colors! It's really special for me since we aren't doing anything special for the 4th.
    I know I learn a lot every July. :) ~Em

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, friends! I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to read my words, and especially for sharing your thoughts with me. It always makes my day. You guys are the best, just sayin'. :)