I'm there at the moment, flying against that wall of wind. It's high, it's strong, and it's not letting me through.
but it will. eventually. One of these days God will make the wind stop and I'll fall through the door. It's easy to sink under the weight of the wind. It's easy to give up and hang my head in defeat. It's easy to agree with all the voices telling me that I am not going to make it. It's easy to believe that it's too hard, that I'm not good enough. It's easy to quit.
but it wasn't meant to be easy... was it? How would we know the Master's strength if we were not weak? How can we grow without difficulty?
What about the people that shine with God's light; the ones that are kind and strong even amidst trying circumstances? Aren't they people that are broken and kneeling before God? Aren't they the ones with the deepest wounds? Aren't they the ones who have allowed God to make something beautiful out of their scars?
So I am determined. I won't give up: yes, I am weak. yes, it's hard. yes, I'm not good enough, but I won't give up. the wind will stop... and I'll fall through the door.
but we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed- 2 Cor. 4:7-9
((that right there is God's strength in weakness and difficulty. He is strong and we... well, we are weak.))
yours truly: Amy Jane
So true Amy!
ReplyDeleteIf we were strong and capable of doing everything by ourselves, we wouldn't need God and we wouldn't see His glory and strength!
When we are at the end of ourselves, beaten and bruised, that's where He comes in. And then we have to give Him all the glory since it was really all Him and none of it was us.