3.22.2013

pictures || little moments


I was looking at my photography pictures and I picked out some of my favorites... 








I woke up this morning rather early and to my surprise I actually wanted to get up.
   and it was beautiful.
The sky was a stunning blue, the sun shone brightly and I got to spend time with Jesus. I love mornings... I need to remind myself of that more often.

Somehow I keep thinking about my lessons yesterday and about the differences in each child. It is amazing, really. because as their teacher I can observe the way they handle a difficult piece; if they are confident and ready to learn, or if they simply want to get the lesson over with.
One little girl in particular has captured my attention:
When she started I was struggling to teach her how to read notes and as she would be playing her little songs, her tiny hands would hover over a note and she would turn her head to look at me so that she could be assured that she was about to play the right note. I would nod and smile. and a couple notes further we would repeat the process. that same look would be sent my way and once again I would nod and smile.
  You should see her now.
I am so proud of her because those tiny hands are learning so rapidly. She hardly has any difficulty with notes and just yesterday I taught her the counting. It is interesting how things happen... she was my most difficult student and now she is one of the best. And yet I still see traces of that same look. She will whisper the counting quietly to herself and then get to a hard part of the song; she forgets the counting and then quickly looks in my direction... and I am so happy for it.

Because I will always remember those little moments: those glaces, tiny fingers touching the white keys, the laughter shared and new levels reached. Questions asked and challenges overcome. The way their eyes focus on the music when I am having them play a new song and the way they smile when I suggest that we play a duet. Those moments are etched deep within my heart because after all... aren't the little moments actually the big ones?


yours truly: Amy Jane

1 comment:

  1. beautiful photos, Amy!! I especially love the first gorgeous picture.
    I am so glad that your teaching is a success! It is teaching you new things along with your students. :)
    Emi

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, friends! I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to read my words, and especially for sharing your thoughts with me. It always makes my day. You guys are the best, just sayin'. :)