12.17.2012

awkward and awesome



all pictures via my we heart it

I know I've never done an A&A post before, but these last couple months have been absolutely amazing, and so I'd like to share those moments with you...

awesome:

{001} singing with a large group of people in a room with amazing acoustics. I seriously thought that if one more drop of happiness filled my heart I would burst. that's how amazing it is when you get together with people that are your like your family, and sense God's presence surrounding you...

{002} seeing all the Christmas lights at the Air Force Base... it was so peaceful. and just... one of those happiness moments.

{003}Having coffee at Dazbog (best coffee shop. ever!) with an amazing friend and our Moms. there is something about coffee shops that just make me want to bring a good book, and spend the afternoon there.

{004}Watching the old Herbie series, and thinking it is the best comedy series. ever! seriously, people.... that is what you would define funny. not stupid, and not dumb.  #wishingthingscouldbethewaytheywerebackthen

{005}Making up our own rap version of the song, Joy to the World, with a sister at heart. it was awesome.

{006} finding out who I am in Christ, and just who Amy is. I realized that I love bright colors, yes, and pastel (how does that work? I don't know. :) ) and that is absolutely awesome. Glitter and fun colors... ohyeah!

{007} showing some of my brother's friends the minions banana song, and laughing so hard...... if you haven't seen the song; you've got to. :) <<click here >>

{008} That moment when you release everything into God's hands and you feel your heart take flight, and suddenly you feel so free that it seems with only the slightest breeze... you could really fly

{009} having my best friend post something and I laugh so hard I nearly cry... yes, she has the ability to do that. #themostamazingpersonever

{010} being invited to someone's house for a game night and then you arrive and....... seriously, it was beautiful. So they had dim lighting, and candles, soft Christmas music, some of us sat on bean bag chairs, we had blankets.... and we played Rook. absolutely lovely!
 
awkward:
 
{011} falling in volley ball (really. hard.) and a guy helps me up and then as I am assessing the damages, I don't realize that I am still holding his hand. awkward!
 
{012} shopping at Safeway with my friend and her brother and then realizing we don't have our Safeway card along. so we just type in the phone number of a family from church. :D
 
{013} While volunteering at a local homeless shelter, I was in charge of handing out the juice. Well, I dropped a bottle when I was trying to hand it to a guy, and some guy in the room goes, "So she's throwing bottles at you now?" it was awkward, but we just laughed.... those people are awesome.
 
{014} playing imagineIF with some awesome people. I think that is enough said. that game can get so awkward.
 
{015} opening your song book on Sunday, and just sitting there. And then realizing that your book is upside down.
 
{016} Getting a pass to enter on the Air Force Base, and the lady soldier asks for my parent's IDs. and then she looks at me with this strange look on her face, and asks, "you are not over sixteen, are you?" whatever. that is second time the soldiers on Base have thought that I was under sixteen. good grief! Do I look like I'm ten?
 
{017} So I'm staring out the window, and thinking my Dad was inside (it's dark outside, okay? :) ) and then all-of-a-sudden he appears right in front of me. I shrieked louder than I have in a long time, and then... I laughed. I had tears in my eyes!! Then later, my Dad comes back inside and my brother says to Dad, "couldn't you have had some consideration for our ears?" :D
 
{018} that awesome, and awkward moment when I turn on the music video for You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift and my brother goes, "even I know that song!" and he starts singing along.... :)
 
{019} Having a guy in the seat in front of me say to his wife (in an airplane), "And that's the pilot? Did you see him? He doesn't even look old enough to shave. I bet his Dad is on the phone with him right now, and he's like, okay; now do this and do that." it was hilarious.
 
 
"Bird's eye view, awake the stars because they're all around you.
Wide eyes will always brighten the blue. Chase your dreams, and
remember me, sweet bravery; because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-Owl City
 
 
~~Amy Jane~~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, friends! I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to read my words, and especially for sharing your thoughts with me. It always makes my day. You guys are the best, just sayin'. :)