11.02.2012

The process of learning

via my We heart it

Do you ever feel like a baby that is just taking its first steps? You keep falling... falling... but do you get back up? Because that baby falls more often than a person can count, but that baby also never gives up.

I was reading through some of my old journals the other night, and what I read nearly made me weep. Who is this girl that wrote this? Where did she go?
Sometimes it feels like you do so much growing... learning... and before you know it, through all of the haze of life, you wonder what everything is about. What is this journey called life? Who am I? What have I become? and yet to come is the most staggering and terrifying of all:
                                               Don't waste your life!
I can get so wrapped up in my work, teaching, writing, or simply the day to day things that catch our attention that I completely forget to take each moment seriously. It totally leaves my mind, and then at night it comes back with a huge blow. you wasted today.
I don't want to have any regrets! If I were to lay on my death bed tomorrow I would not want there to be a single regret in my heart. I don't know if you've heard the quote:
                         "I don't regret the things I did, but the things I did not do."
There are so many amazing, beautiful things that this life is full of when Jesus is your best friend. If you think about it, every stunning sunset, every dew drop on the grass, every smile sent your way, every sound of birds singing is a direct gift from the one who loves you most.
So I don't want to miss any of that just because I'm too busy or caught up in this tiny molecule that's my life.
I want to feel every sunset... every full moon... cherish the sound of laughter... delight in the feel of the wind against my face... and treasure the feeling of snow gently falling on my face.
It all goes by too fast.... I don't want to waste a single moment.

This, I am finding out, is the process of learning. Making mistakes... getting back up, and learning something. I am shocked when I think back on how I thought, and lived when I was younger... reading back through my old journals is almost awful, but not quite. It's funny too... in a strange way. (of course it makes it also sad because my handwriting was absolutely shockingly terrible.) anyway. It's crazy to think about much changing a person does throughout their life... and I am so thankful that we get to learn... that we get to grow. Imagine if we'd stay those little children forever! In some ways it would be so much simpler, but we would never get to feel the things we do now. I mean, when I was younger, I really didn't care about the wind rippling through the grass, or the sun shining through a leaf. I am so thankful for the learning process... for the fact that we can never know God completely... that there is always more. That there is always deeper to go.

Good night, my friends!
~Amy Jane



1 comment:

  1. Awesome!Have you heard that song-I Hope You Dance?

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, friends! I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to read my words, and especially for sharing your thoughts with me. It always makes my day. You guys are the best, just sayin'. :)