2.28.2012

Trust~

Photo from here



My dear friends-
It's a gray day today, the kind where you feel like crawling into bed, and not getting up until the sun comes out again... but that is beside the point.
My family has been thinking/praying about moving, and we are (Lord willing) putting the house on the market here in a couple days. This is so bitter-sweet for me as I do so want to move as I have some very good friends where we are planning on moving, but yet.. how can I leave my best friends, and my brothers and sisters in Christ that are here? How can I leave so many memories behind and start all over? How can a person be so torn between two places? This brings me to the word trust.
Here is one definition of the word:
reliance on the integrity, strength, ability,
surety, etc., of a person or thing; confidence.


I know that is the only way I can be happy in what God chooses for my life. If I place my trust in HIS strength, and ability. He is worthy of my trust!!!! Has He ever failed me? No! Has He ever left me alone to face the heartaches of life? No!!
"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God; who loved me and gave Himself for me." -Gal. 2:20
There are SO many different things that God has/is teaching me, and learning to trust Him completely is one of them....  I know that my future could never be in better Hands. "... I will trust in You." -Psalm  55:23





MY CHILD
I watched you from a distance
As you danced under the sun
Each golden ray made just for you
My child, my special one

Then the rain began to fall
And you sat with me to see
We huddled close together
My dear child and me

The wind it blew so strongly
It whipped us fierce and cold
I took you into my arms
My dear child I did hold

When the thunder roared
So bold, so loud, so wild
I held you closer to my heart
My love, my special child

Then lightening broke the darkness
It made you shake with fear
I protected you with all I had
My child, my love, my dear

Then as the sun shone again
It brought a rainbow too
One I painted in the sky
My child, it was for you

When life seems so difficult
When it seems too much to bear
I’ll protect you from the darkness
My child, I’m always there

When you feel scared and lonely
I will keep you near my heart
I am always there for you
My child, we never part

I am the Lord your Father
Like the rainbow I made you too
I made you perfect just for me
My child, I do love you.

~ Natalie Sommerville ~
North Yorkshire, England

4 comments:

  1. Girl, I think you need to email me. I knew you guys were thinking about moving, but I don't know where?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,
    How are you? Hope you're doing well. I wanted to call you today but we have John and Ruth here. I love your blog so much. I love you so much. God bless you. Jesus always loves you, don't forget that. Lydia Kaufman

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Amy. I can completely understand how you are feeling, because as you know, we could move this year too. Part of me wants to see new places, meet new people, and make new friends. Then the other half of me wants to stay right here, with all of my special memories, moments, surroundings, and precious, awesome friends. You really encouraged me though, when you said in your post "I know that is the only way I can be happy in what God chooses for my life. If I place my trust in HIS strength, and ability. He is worthy of my trust!!!! Has He ever failed me? No! Has He ever left me alone to face the heartaches of life? No!!" God has never failed me, and whatever he does with my life, or wherever he chooses to move me, is the best for my life, because I know he always has my best interest in mind! Thanks for the encouraging post, and I definatly feel what your going through. At least you won't be that far away. I'm sure you will visit sometime. :) Love and care for you lots! Lou

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, friends! I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to read my words, and especially for sharing your thoughts with me. It always makes my day. You guys are the best, just sayin'. :)